Care should be taken when handling strong magnets as pinching of fingers or hands can occur. Children should be supervised at all times. Keep away from pacemakers or electrical items. Contains smaller components that could be a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body. The Rare-Earth Magnetics Association is not aware of any positive or negative health effects from handling rare-earth magnets. We recommend however that pregnant women do not handle very strong rare-earth magnets. The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can damage items such as television, computer monitors, credit cards, bank cards, computers, diskettes and other data carriers, video tapes, mechanical watches, & hearing aids. When handling magnets Rare-Earth magnetic products are very powerful and can accelerate a great speeds toward each other and ferrous material. You should always wear gloves and eye protection when handling strong rare-earth magnets. You should avoid having constant contact with magnets of any size and keep a distance of at least 3 feet to large magnets. Under no circumstances should you try to machine Neodymium magnets! These rare earth magnets will crack, shatter and create a flammable toxic dust. Neodymium magnets will lose their magnetic properties if heated above (150 C). All of magnets are plated with a thin layer of nickel, nickel-copper-nickel or gold. This layer (in particular gold) can wear down in the normal use of the magnet over time. Neodymium magnets can be fun and useful, but must always be treated with care.